Interfaith Cooking event on Sunday the 20th of November 2016
Are you a female teacher interested in meeting teachers from other faiths?
If so, come along and participate in a practical social action project together. JW3, Mitzvah Day & Nisa-Nashim Jewish Women’s Network, together with faith-based teachers’ associations (Muslim Teachers’ Association and Jewish Teachers’ Association) are organising a brilliant interfaith, Social Action Cooking event FROM 1.30 to 4PM on Sunday 20th November 2016 at the JW3, for Mitzvah Day. Further details are below. Numbers are limited so sign up now!
You will get the opportunity to cook food for the homeless with teachers from other faiths and the chance to get to know other like-minded teachers informally while working together to address a key social issue. It is also a great chance to share your thoughts and learn from the other participants about different attitudes to helping those less fortunate, and to form networks you can build on in the future.
This is a great opportunity to meet and mingle with Muslim as well as Jewish teachers and reasons to come include:
- Network with other professionals
- Find out about different schools
- Opportunity to eat delicious freshly cooked food
- Experiencing a new setting
- Have the opportunity to encounter and engage with people from a different faith
- Have the opportunity to input your ideas for the Nisa-Nashim teachers group
- Find out about other exciting events run by Nisa-Nashim
To register for this event email your name, telephone number, name of school and role to the following email: [email protected]